Worship Services Every Sunday at 9:00am & 11:15am at: 572 Roxbury Road, Stamford, CT 06902
note: overflow parking is located across Westover Road along Cow Path Drive.
Live Stream on the Grace Church Stamford YouTube channel, Sundays at 11:15am
What To Expect
We are a community of Bible-believing Christians, Reformed in doctrine. We are focused on God’s Word in a contemporary worship setting and are committed to sharing the good news of Jesus with the people of Stamford, Fairfield County and the region.
We gather together on Sundays and in Life Groups during the week to worship God and encourage one another. In hearing God speak to us through the proclamation of the gospel and the study of Scripture, we respond corporately through prayers, song and loving care for one another as the family of God.
- Call to Worship
- Prayer of Confession
- Modern worship music with roots in the Christian tradition
- Weekly Communion
** Covid update: we currently offer live stream only classes for 3rd-5th grade at 10am on Sundays **
Grades K-8th gain knowledge of the Bible through the Gospel Project — a robust, fun and challenging curriculum!
Our Doctrine of Worship
Our worship service is a time when we encounter God’s presence.
We take seriously the historic faith and the traditional elements of the worship service that have been passed down the ages to preserve and live out the gospel.
Our worship service is shaped by four movements:
- The Call to Worship
- The Preached Word
- The Celebration at the Lord’s Table
- The Commission to go into the world with the Benediction
The experience is a blend of rich doctrinal liturgical forms in contemporary language and feel. Likewise, the songs we sing express the glorious gospel in hymnal and modern styles. We weave together in an attractive way what is typically classified as either only a traditional or contemporary service, all shaped by deep theology.
The formal service is followed by a time of warm fellowship as we experience Christ’s presence through the members of his Body.
Faith & Doctrine
In brief, our beliefs are:
- Lordship of Jesus Christ – Jesus is God the Son who reveals God the Father and brings us to the Father. By living under the lordship of Jesus Christ the people of Grace Church Stamford are committed to living a life of holiness and obedience through discipleship leading to spiritual maturity and ministry.
- Authority of Scripture – Jesus Christ who is the Word of God is revealed in Scripture and its proclamation. The people of Grace Church Stamford are committed to living by God’s Word as it is taught and preached. Our activities center on a Word-based ministry through the illuminating and guiding work of the Holy Spirit.
- Life in the Body of Christ – God’s people gather in the local church where we hear God speak through the reading and teaching of Scripture. As the body of Christ we respond corporately through prayers and song. Christian fellowship at Grace Church Stamford is expressed by showing love for one another and sharing in each others’ lives.
- Proclamation of the Gospel – We are God’s fellow workers and we partner with him by taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, beginning with our local sphere of social relationships. Grace Church Stamford seeks to foster a heart of ministry by the example of a godly life and active evangelism.